More on LASIK:
LASIK and PRK can be used to correct nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism.
In order to eligible for LASIK, you must meet the following criteria:
1. Be at least 21 years old
2. Have a stable prescription
3. Have a treatable prescription
4. Have a cornea that is thick enough
5. Not be pregnant or nursing
6. Have a healthy cornea, retina and optic nerve
7. Have no other contra-indications
8. Have no history of ocular herpes
9. Have no history of collagen vascular diseases, autoimmune diseases or immunodeficiency states.
Please be prepared to discuss your particular situation and prescription with Dr. Alyson Yashar.